In the previous article, we analyzed the mistakes of optimizers when working with site content. Here we will dwell in more detail on what could be wrong with link promotion in terms of SEO.
As a rule, this very reason – link building – becomes the reason for pessimizing the site in more than 50% of cases. So mistakes here can be costly, which means everyone can benefit from working on them. Ideally, such monitoring should be done periodically.
SEO experts consider these actions of colleagues to be something of a childish miscalculation. Simply because many of the solutions are long and hopelessly outdated. But they are still punished by search robots.
By the list:
- Hundreds of comments on the forums with a link to the commentator’s resource. On the one hand, these are free links. On the other hand, scanners have learned to read and analyze messages. If these are one-word signatures just for the sake of a link, they will be instantly found, and the site will be punished for using automatic manipulation services.
- Press releases with links. Manuals on how to promote through this channel without violating Google’s regulations were written 7-8 years ago. Today, getting sanctions for such errors is somehow inconvenient.
- Buying links on exchanges. Yes, sometimes you can’t refuse it. But if you are not careful, the project will lose ground very quickly. Link exchanges are the way to filter in a straight line.
- Comments on dofollow blogs. Nobody will even notice a few messages. But hundreds and thousands will attract attention. And the site owner won’t like it. Especially if the scanner suspects an automatic method of leaving comments.
- Optimized anchors with links. If they are also commercial, they will most likely be punished for it. A small amount of materials with links like “buy beds in a furniture store” will not be a hassle. But a series of such texts will lead to pessimization.
- Broken links are bad manners in today’s promotion.
- Inconvenient URL (try to choose human-readable options).
Modern search engine crawlers are full-fledged robots with little intelligence. They have learned to conduct competent analysis. And in logic they have almost no equal. This means that for the effective promotion of the resource, the optimizer must also follow the logical laws.
This primarily applies to outbound links and clickable phrases in the footer of other people’s sites. On the first point, everything is simple: if you are linked a lot, and you are not linking to anyone, then there is a high probability that you are buying links. That is, the scanner has every reason to reduce the position of the site. Therefore, you should not be afraid to host several links to partners. Only the latter should be chosen carefully, they should be good trust sites.
By footers: for a scanner, a clickable key in someone else’s footer will be normal only in one case. If the resource on which this key is located was made or modified by the company to which the link leads. That is, for digital agencies and website developers, this is a completely “legal” phenomenon. And no one will punish them for such links.
But if a company provides medical services, sells books or makes apartment renovations (that is, it cannot have anything to do with the program code of the site-placement site), then it can be punished for the inappropriate location of the link. You have to be careful with this.
Registration in catalogs
One of the most effective ways to quickly attract natural traffic is to register a site card in all kinds of directories – from Yandex.Maps to some directory of companies in Novosibirsk. It works, but with a caveat. It is risky to register with a link to the site at once in dozens of catalogs. To the scanner, this looks like an unnatural advance. That is, manipulation involving “alien” bots.